Creamy Farfalle with Mushrooms, Asparagus and Walnuts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Farfalle Pasta
1 lb Asparagus, Trimmed, Cut lengthwise into 1inch pieces
1 lb Cremini Mushrooms, Thickly Sliced
3 tbsp Butter
1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
3/4 cup Walnuts, Toasted, Divided
Pinch of Nutmeg, Grated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the farfalle until al dente.
3. Drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
4. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
5. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
6. Add the asparagus and sauté for 5 minutes more.
7. Add the farfalle.
8. Stir in the mascarpone and nutmeg.
9. Add the reserved pasta liquid, 1/4cup at a time, as needed.
10. Stir in 1/2 a cup of the walnuts.
11. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
12. Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and the remaining walnuts on top.
Giada De Laurentiis