Crab and White Bean Crostini
up to 4 hours inactive time
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Lemons
1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Parsley, Finely Chopped
1 ea Jalapeno, Seeded and Finely Chopped
1 lb Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
2 ea Baguettes
1 ea (15oz) can Cannellini Beans, Rinsed and Drained
1 ea Garlic Clove, Peeled
Fine Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Zest and juice 1 lemon combine in a medium bowl.
3. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, parsley, jalapeno, 1/4 tsp salt and a generous pinch of pepper.
4. Whisk together to combine.
5. Add crab, toss gently, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, up to 4 hours.
6. Slice baguettes on a long bias to form 12 (3/4 in thick) pieces.
7. Lightly brush both sides of bread with olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
8. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10 minutes.
9. Let cool on wire rack.
10. Meanwhile, squeeze 1 tbsp plus 2 tsp juices from remaining lemon.
11. In a blender, combine lemon juice, remaining 3 tbsp olive oil, beans, garlic, 1/4 tsp salt, a pinch of pepper and 1/4 cup of water.
12. Puree until smooth and adjust seasoning to taste.
13. Spoon bean puree on crostini, then top with crab salad.
14. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and serve immediately.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2013 Issue