Corn and Barley Salad
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Ears of Corn
2 cups Barley
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, Diced
2 tbsp Red Onion, Minced
2 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the barley and set aside to cool.
2. Strip the husks and silk off the corn.
3. Brush the ears of corn with a little olive oil.
4. Over medium-high heat, grill for about 7 minutes on each side.
5. When cooled, cut the kernels off.
6. In a serving bowl, combine the barley, corn, onion and bell pepper.
7. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, parsley, salt and pepper.
8. Add the dressing to the corn mixture.
9. Toss well.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue