Cod with Anchovies and Capers
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 lbs Salt Cod, Soaked and Drained
3 ea Anchovy Fillets, Soaked, Drained and Chopped
1 ea Onion, Chopped
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
1 tbsp Capers, Drained and Rinsed
Fresh Rosemary Sprigs, For Garnish, If Desired
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the cod into large pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the chopped anchovies.
3. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes while mashing the anchovies.
4. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add the cod and cook for 5 minutes per side.
6. Pour in the wine and add the capers.
7. Simmer about 10 minutes.
8. Remove from the heat and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue