Ciambelle al Vino
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
9 cups Cake Flour, Plus extra for sprinkling
7 oz Anise Liquor
1 tbsp Anise Seeds
1 cup White Wine or Moscato
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar, Plus extra for sprinkling
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put all ingredients into a large bowl and kneed well until the dough is firm and smooth.
3. Work the dough for at least 10 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the dough with a little flour and set aside, covered for 10 minutes.
5. Cover a rectangular baking tray with parchment paper and sprinkle with olive oil.
6. Dip you fingers in olive oil to prevent them from sticking to the dough.
7. Divide the dough in half.
8. Roll each half into a rope about one foot lone.
9. Cut each rope in half, so that you have 4 ropes.
10. Shape each rope into a ring, like a donut.
11. Press the ends together slightly.
12. Sprinkle each with granulated sugar before placing them on the baking sheet.
13. Bake for 45 minutes.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue