Chocolate-Rum Raisin Butter
10 Minutes plus cooling time
Butter will keep refrigerated up to 1 week or frozen up to 3 months.
Most ingredients are available in the market!
7 oz Semisweet Chocolate (70%), Roughly Chopped
2 tbsp Dark Rum
7 oz Butter, Unsalted, Softened
1/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
1/3 cup Raisins, Roughly Chopped
Method of Preparation
1. Fill a medium saucepan with 2inches of water, bring to a simmer.
2. Put chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
3. Set bowl over (but not touching) the simmering water, stir until chocolate is melted.
4. Transfer chocolate to a large bowl and let cool completely.
5. Add rum and salt to cooled chocolate, whisk together.
6. Add butter and raising, stir together to combine well.
7. To wrap the butter, spoon the mixture onto a 12x12inch sheet of parchment paper, wax paper or plastic wrap, placing an edge closest to you.
8. Fold the paper over and roll into a log.
9. Twist at the ends and wrap airtight in foil.
10. Freeze or chill until firm.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, www.lacucinaitalianamag.com March/April 2013 Issue