Chicken with Eggplant and Leeks
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Chicken Breast, Boneless, Cut into 1/2inch wide strips
1 ea Eggplant, Peeled and Diced
1 ea Leek, Root end and top discarded
3 ea Plum Tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded and Diced
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Parsley, Chopped, For Garnish
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.
2. Add the leeks and eggplant, cook until leeks are soft and creamy and eggplant is browned.
3. Transfer to a dish.
4. Season the chicken strips well with salt and pepper.
5. Brown them in the same pan.
6. Return the leeks and eggplant to the pan.
7. Add the tomatoes.
8. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, June 2011 Issue