Chicken Stuffed with Vegetables and Cheese
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup Carrots, Shredded
1/2 cup Celery, Chopped
1/2 cup Onion, Chopped
2 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
4 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
2 ea Chicken Breasts (skin on)
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt 1 tbsp of butter and sauté the carrots, celery and onion.
3. Stir in the cheese.
4. Carefully pull back the skin from the chicken, do not remove the skin.
5. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
6. Place the carrot mixture on the chicken where the skin was, forming a small mound.
7. Pull the skin over the carrot mixture to cover it.
8. Arrange a shallow baking dish.
9. Gently rub the skin with remaining butter.
10. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is tender.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi