Chicken Stew with Carrots and Mushrooms
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 ea Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Skinless
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Chopped
1 ea Onion, Chopped
1/2 lb Mushrooms, Sliced
3 ea Carrots, Peeled and slices 1/8inch thick
1 cup Peas, Fresh or Frozen
1 cup Red Wine
3 cups Chicken Broth
2 tbsp Cornstarch, Dissolved in 1 cup of Water
2 tsp Rosemary, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat.
2. Add the chicken breasts, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary.
3. Toss to coat well.
4. Place a lid on the pot and cook on high until both side of the chicken are browned.
5. Layer the onion on top of the chicken, followed by the carrots and then the mushrooms.
6. Add the chicken broth and wine.
7. Bring to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
9. Remove the chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces.
10. Return the chicken to the pot and cook for 1 hour more.
11. Add the peas and cornstarch/water mixture.
12. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
13. Remove from the heat and serve.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, October 2009 Issue