Chicken Marsala Meatballs
-If frying the meatballs, they will better retain their shape the colder they are. Consider refrigerating for 30 minutes after you roll the balls.
-If you are unable to fry the meatballs, take a large casserole dish, spray with cooking spray and fill with all 24 meatballs. Bake them at 400 degrees F for 20 minute.
• 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1 1/2 tsp Flour
• 2 tbsp Milk, Room Temperature
• 1/3 cup Marsala Wine
• 1 tbsp Marsala Wine
• 1 1/4 cup Chicken broth
• 1 ea Egg, Beaten
• 1/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs
• 1 lb Ground White Meat Chicken
• 1/4 cup Pecorino Cheese, Grated
• 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley, Chopped
• 1 tsp Salt, Divided
• 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
• 8 oz Cremini Mushrooms, Sliced
• 1 ea Shallot, Minced
Method of Preparation
1. In a large bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, milk and 1 tbsp wine. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the chicken, pecorino, egg, parsley, ½ tsp salt and the pepper into the breadcrumb mixture.
3. Gently mix together the ingredients using your hands and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
4. In a medium skillet, add enough olive oil to come 1 inch up the side of the pan.
5. Using a deep-fry thermometer, heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
6. Meanwhile, scoop the mixture into balls, 2 tbsp per ball.
7. Drop the meatballs directly into the hot oil.
8. Fry the balls, rotating often, until they are golden brown all the way around. Remove from oil and place on a paper-towel lined tray.
9. In another medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat.
10. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
11. Add the shallots and remaining 1/2 tsp salt, cook for 2 minutes.