Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Roasting Chicken
2 ea Eggs
4 slices Parma Prosciutto
4 slices Montasio or Fontina
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Quarter the chicken and rub with salt and pepper.
2. Roll in flour then dip in beaten eggs.
3. Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
4. Fry chicken until golden brown.
5. Drain on a paper towel.
6. Lightly butter a baking dish.
7. Wrap each chicken piece with a slice of prosciutto and place in the baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with sage and top with cheese slices.
9. Combine heavy cream with tomato paste, salt and pepper.
10. Pour over the chicken.
11. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi