Chicken and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Chicken Breasts, Boneless, Halved
1 lb Penne Pasta
7 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Sliced
1 ea Onion, Sliced
1 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes, Packed in Olive Oil, Sliced
1 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives, Halved
1 cup Dry White Wine
1 pinch Red Chile Flakes
1 tbsp Dried Oregano
2 tbsp Rosemary, Chopped
1 pinch Salt
Parsley, To Taste
Parmigiano-Reggiano, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Heat 5 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the garlic, rosemary, oregano, Chile flakes, sundried tomatoes, olives, white wine and salt.
4. Simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Add the chicken breasts and cook on medium heat for 1 hour, turning the breasts after 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
7. Remove the chicken and cut into bite size pieces.
8. Combine the cooking sauce, chicken, penne and remaining 2 tbsp oil.
9. Top with cheese and parsley.
10. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue www.tastesofitalia.com