Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Whole Chicken, Approximately 4 lbs
5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
5 oz Purees Tomatoes
1 ea Onion, Sliced
1 ea Eggplant, Diced
1 ea Bell Pepper, Chopped
2 ea Zucchini, Sliced
1 sprig Thyme
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the clean chicken into eight parts.
2. Add 3 tbsp pf the olive oil to a wide, heavy-bottom skillet.
3. Place the chicken into the skillet.
4. Brown over low heat.
5. When half done, add a few of the thyme leaves.
6. In a separate pan, sauté the zucchini, eggplant and bell pepper in 2 tbsp olive oil until golden.
7. Add the onion and sauté until slightly golden.
8. Add the pureed tomatoes.
9. Add the remaining thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
10. Arrange the vegetables on a serving platter and place the chicken pieces on top.
11. Serve hot.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue