Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 oz Butter, Unsalted
2 oz All-Purpose Flour
2 1/8 cups Milk
5 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
6 ea Eggs, Separated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Butter and Flour for the Soufflé pan
Method of Preparation
1. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour.
2. Slowly pour the milk into the mixture while continuously stirring.
3. Boil for 1 minute to thicken.
4. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
6. Whisk in 6 egg yolks, one at a time.
7. Beat the egg whites until stiff.
8. Carefully fold the egg whites into the dough mixture.
9. Butter and flour the soufflé pan and pour the mixture in.
10. Using a knife, round the edges of the soufflé mixture along the sides of the pan.
11. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees F.
12. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
13. Serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi