Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Provolone Cheese Slices, Thick
1 ea Egg
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Salt
Oil (Peanut, Corn or Sunflower)
Method of Preparation
1. Cut the cheese slices and separate into eight servings.
2. Beat the egg with 1 tbsp of salt and 1 tbsp of water.
3. Roll the cheese in the flour, dip into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
4. Coat the cheese again in the egg and breadcrumbs.
5. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the cheese scaloppini to golden brown.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi