Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 1/8 cup Water
1 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted, Plus extra for greasing
5 oz All-Purpose Flour
4 ea Eggs
4 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano, Grated
1/2 cup Milk
1 tbsp Starch
3 1/2 oz Grana Padano, Grated
1 ea Egg Yolk
7 oz Whipped Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Horseradish, Freshly Grated
Method of Preparation
1. Combine water, butter and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2. Pour flour into the liquid mixture.
3. Continuously stir until the mixture does not stick to the bottom and sides of the bowl.
4. Remove from the heat and blend in each egg individually.
5. Place two heaping tsp of the dough onto a buttered baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven, cool, cut them in half and fill with the cheese cream.
7. For the filling- bring the milk to a boil and add salt.
8. Blend the starch with some cold milk, add to the warm milk and let boil 1 minute.
9. Mix in the cheese and egg yolk.
10. While continuously stirring, cool the cream.
11. Fold in the whipped heavy cream and horseradish.
12. Let cool and just prior to serving , fill the puffs with the cheese cream.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi