Cheese Filled Crepes
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 1/4oz All-Purpose Flour
1/2 oz Yeast
1/2 cup Lukewarm Water
1/2 tsp Salt
1/8 cup Oil
3 1/2 oz Ricotta
1 ea Egg
1 tbsp Parsley, Chopped
1 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
3 1/2 oz Parma Prosciutto, Cut into strips
3 1/2 oz Mozzarella, Cut into strips
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Proof the yeast by adding it to 110 degree F water.
2. When foamy, pour into the flour and blend with salt.
3. Add the oil.
4. Knead the dough until smooth.
5. Cover with cloth and let rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, about an hour.
6. Mix the ricotta, egg, parsley, grated parmigiana and pepper.
7. Mix in the prosciutto and mozzarella.
8. Roll out the dough on a floured board and with a cookie cutter, cut into circles.
9. In the center of each dough circle, place 1 tbsp of filling.
10. Roll the side over to a semi-circle or half-moon shape.
11. Head a large amount of oil in a pan.
12. Fry the crepes until golden brown.
13. Remove them with a strainer and drain on paper towels.
14. Serve hot.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi