Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 1/2 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
8 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted
6 tbsp Heavy Cream
1 ea Egg
8 1/2 oz All-Purpose Flour
1 ea Egg Yolk
Almonds for Topping
Method of Preparation
1. Combine the cheese and butter with the heavy cream, egg, salt and nutmeg to make dough.
2. Add flour and knead well.
3. Wrap in waxed paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Roll out the dough and cut into thick slices.
5. Baste with egg yolk and top each cookie with an almond.
6. Bake until golden on a buttered baking sheet.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi