Cauliflower with Mustard Sauce
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
12 oz Cauliflower, Cut into Florets
1/4 cup Black Olives, Pitted and Chopped
1 tbsp Chopped Chives
1/4 cup White Wine Vinegar
4 ea Eggs
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Place the eggs in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover them.
2. Bring to a boil and then shut off the heat.
3. Cover the saucepan and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Drain the eggs.
5. Plunge them into a bowl of ice water.
6. Peel them and cut them in half.
7. Remove the yolks and reserve for another use.
8. Finely chop the egg whites.
9. Mix the egg whites, vinegar, mustard, chives and olives together in a bowl.
10. Season with salt and pepper.
11. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
12. Add the cauliflower and cook for 4 minutes.
13. Drain the cauliflower.
14. Serve with the mustard egg sauce over top of the cauliflower.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue