Cauliflower and Broccoli Gratin
All ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market
• 2 ea Broccoli, Cut into Florets
• 1 ea Cauliflower, Cut into Florets
• 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
• 1/4 cup Bread Crumbs
• 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
• 2 tbsp Flour
• 2 tsp Fresh Thyme, Chopped
• 1/2 cup Goat Cheese, Crumbled
• Salta and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Bring a large pot of water to boil.
4. Add the broccoli and cauliflower florets, cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Drain and place florets in a large bowl mixing with ice cubes and water.
6. Let sit for 4 to 5 minutes, remove florets and discard water and ice.
7. Return florets to mixing bowl. Stir in chicken broth, flour, thyme, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
8. Spoon the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
9. Top with the grated goat cheese.
10. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
11. Remove lid/aluminum and continue baking for 25 minutes.
12. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Tastes of Italia