Canapes with Parmesan Cheese
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Square Loaf of Bread
7 oz Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
3 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted, Softened
4 tbsp Mascarpone
1 ea Egg Yolk
2 tbsp Horseradish, Grated
1/2 ea Apple, Finely Grated
3 1/2 oz Ham, Boiled or Baked, Finely Chopped
1 tsp Mustard
Small Sliced Cucumbers
Method of Preparation
1. Slice the bread lengthwise.
2. With a cookie cutter, cut circles from the interior.
3. Blend the cheese, butter and egg yolk together.
4. Separate into 2 parts.
5. Mix one half with the horseradish and apple.
6. Mix the remaining half with the ham and mustard.
7. Put each mixture into separate pastry bags.
8. Pipe a thick layer onto each round of bread.
9. Garnish with cucumber slices and pepper strips.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi