Butter Lettuce with Lemon Crema
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 head Butter Lettuce, Leaves separated and thoroughly washed
1 1/2 tbsp Shallots, Minced
2 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp Lemon Zest
1/3 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 cup Hazelnuts, Coarsely Chopped and Toasted
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted and Coarsely Chopped
4 oz Gorgonzola Cheese, Chilled
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a small bowl, stir together the cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, shallots, salt and pepper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, olives and hazelnuts.
3. Toss the greens with the lemon cream dressing.
4. Adjust seasoning as needed.
5. Layer 3 to 4 lettuce leaves onto each serving plate.
6. Scatter nuts and olives between each layer.
7. Grate some gorgonzola on top of each salad.
8. *If the gorgonzola is difficult to grate, place in the freezer for a minute or two and then try again!
Mosaic Magazine, Morgan Stanley