Bucatini with Ricotta, Capers and Olives
All ingredients are available in the market.
2/3 cup Pitted Gaeta Olives, Coarsely Chopped
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Capers, Rinsed, Coarsely Chopped
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
3 tbsp Chives, Finely Chopped
1 1/2 cups Ricotta Cheese
1 1/4 cups Whole Milk
1 lb Bucatini
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together olives, oil, capers, garlic and chives. Set aside.
3. In a medium sauté pan, over medium heat, combine cheese, milk and 1/2 tsp of salt.
4. Whisk frequently until combined well, about 8 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
6. Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente.
7. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
8. Add cheese mixture and 2/3 of the olive mixture to the hot pasta, mix well to coat.
9. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Serve garnished with remaining olive mixture and some chives.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, November 2012 Issue