Bruschetta with Arugula
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 lb Arugula
2 ea Tomatoes
18 ea Crusty Italian Bread, 3x2in,
1in thick Parmigiana Cheese for Garnish, Shaved
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place the pieces of bread on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes on each side.
3. Arrange the toasted bread on a platter.
4. Slice the tomatoes horizontally into 1in thick slices, then cut each slice in half.
5. Arrange the slices to cover the bread on the platter.
6. Distribute the arugula over everything.
7. Pour the oil over top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
8. Garnish with shaved Parmigiana cheese.
9. Serve immediately.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY