Most ingredients are available in the market!
2 bunches Broccoli
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Carrots
1/2 tsp Hot Red Pepper Flakes
4 ea Lemons, Juiced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Soak the broccoli in a large bowl of cold water for a 1/2 hour.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the coarse-grained salt to taste.
3. Remove the woody ends of the broccoli.
4. Cut the flowerets from the large stems and keep them separate.
5. Then cut the stems into strips about 2inches long and 1/2 inch thick.
6. Put them into the boiling water.
7. Cook for 5 minutes and add the flowerets.
8. Cook for about 4 minutes more.
9. Drain the broccoli and put in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes.
10. Meanwhile, clean the carrots and, using a vegetable peeler, shred them.
11. Put the carrot shreds in a bowl of cold water with ice cubes.
12. Let them soak for 5 minutes.
13. Put the oil, lemon juice, hot red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
14. Mix together well.
15. Drain the broccoli and put it on a serving dish.
16. Pour half of the sauce over the broccoli and mix very well.
17. Drain the carrots and put them in a bowl.
18. Mix them with the remaining sauce.
19. Combine the carrots with the broccoli, mix well, and serve.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY