Broccoli Rabe with Tomatoes and Penne
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 lb Penne, Cooked according to Package
2 ea Garlic Cloves
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 bunch Broccoli Rabe, Cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1/3 cup Pine Nuts
1/3 cup Raisins
1 ea 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes, With liquid
1 pinch Dried Chile Flakes
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated, For garnish
Method of Preparation
1. In a large skillet, combine olive oil, garlic, broccoli rabe, raisins and pine nuts.
2. Cook on medium for 7 to 8 minutes until rabe softens.
3. Stir in tomatoes and chile flakes.
4. Add salt and pepper and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the cooked penne and Parmesan.
6. Toss well.
7. Serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue