Beer Braised Chicken
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea Chicken, 2 lbs, Separated into Legs, Thighs, Wings and Breasts
2 tbsp Extra virgin Olive Oil
2 cups Bear
2 cups Pearl Onions, Peeled
Flour, For Dredging
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Wash the chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Dredge in flour and shake off the excess.
3. In a large, heavy –bottomed pot, warm the oil over medium-high heat.
4. Sauté the chicken until golden, turning only once.
5. Add the onions and beer.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Cover and simmer, without stirring, over low heat for 35 minutes.
8. The beer should mostly evaporate during cooking.
9. If there is still a lot of liquid on the pan, remove the cover of the pan and raise the heat.
10. If the chicken becomes dry while cooking, add more beer or water.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue