Beef Tenderloin with Grissini-Herb Butter
The grissini-herb butter recipe can be found in the ‘side dishes’ tab, under the recipe section of our website.
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea (6 to 7oz) Beef Tenderloin Steaks, each about 1 1/2in thick
1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Garlic Clove, Gently smashed and peeled
7 oz Grissini-Herb Butter, cut into 4 equal pieces
Fine Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Brush steaks with oil, then season on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a heave large skillet over high heat.
3. Add steaks and garlic.
4. Sear steaks until brown, about 2 minutes per side.
5. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking steaks, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the broiler.
7. Place a piece of butter on top of each steak.
8. Broil until grissini crumbs are toasted and butter is beginning to melt, 2 to 3 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, www.lacucinaitalianamag.com March/April 2013 Issue