Beef Patties with a Balsamic Vinegar and Parmesan Cream Sauce
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/4 ea Onion, Thinly Sliced
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 lb Beef Round, Chopped
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, Grated
2 ea Egg Yolks
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Over low heat, sauté the sliced onion in oil with 1 tbsp butter for 3 minutes.
2. Add the cream, salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
3. Mix thoroughly.
4. Reduce the cream, turn off the heat and let the sauce cool for 1-2 minutes.
5. Set aside.
6. Thoroughly mix the beef, cheese and egg yolks together.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Shape into 6 patties.
9. Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a pan.
10. Sear the patties on both side and cook to desired doneness, about 1-3 minutes.
11. Transfer to a warm platter and pour the sauce over top.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi