Basmati Rice Crepes
All ingredients are available in the market!
3 tbsp Basmati Rice
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk
1/3 cup Whole Milk
2 eg Eggs
1 tbsp Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted
Fine Sea Salt
Mixed Fresh Fruit or Berries (Optional)
Method of Preparation
1. In a small saucepan combine rice, 1/2 cup water and a pinch of salt.
2. Bring just to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until rice absorbs remaining water, about 5 minutes.
4. In a blender, combine rice, coconut milk and milk; puree until well combined, then add eggs, flour and a pinch of salt, and puree until smooth.
5. Transfer batter to a large bowl.
6. Melt 1 tbsp of butter in an 8in well-seasoned crepe pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Pour in 3 tbsp of batter.
8. Immediately begin tilting and rotating the skillet to coat the bottom.
9. If the batter sets before the skillet gets coated, reduce heat slightly for the next crepe.
10. Return skillet to heat and cook crepe until set and golden brown underneath, 1 to 2 minutes.
11. Loosed edge of crepe with a heatproof rubber spatula, then flip crepe over carefully.
12. Cook an additional 30 seconds.
13. Transfer to a plate and make additional 7 crepes with the same method adding a little more butter to the skillet before each crepe.
14. Dust crepes with confectioners’ sugar, roll up and arrange on a serving platter.
15. Serve with fresh fruit or berries.
La Cucina Italiana Magazine, April 2012