Most ingredients are available in the market!
8 ea Tomatoes, Medium Sized, Firm
1 ea Garlic Clove, Minced
1 bunch Parsley, Minced
20 ea Basil Leaves, Minced
2 1/2 oz Caciocavallo, Grated
5 tbsp Breadcrumbs
2 ea Egg Yolks
4 tbsp Milk
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Cut off the top of the tomato and use as a cover.
2. With a teaspoon, carefully scoop out part of tomato pulp and chop finely.
3. Mix the garlic, herbs, cheese, breadcrumbs and tomato pulp together.
4. Whisk the egg yolks, milk, salt and pepper together and pour over breadcrumb mixture.
5. Let the mixture absorb and then fill tomatoes with it.
6. Place in a buttered baking dish drizzled with olive oil.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
8. Bake until a golden crust forms.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi