Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Eggplants
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Peeled and cut into 6 slivers each
5 ea Italian Parsley Sprigs, Leaves Only
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Carefully wash the eggplants and remove the stems.
2. Cut the eggplants horizontally into 1in thick slices and make 2 small slits with a knife on each slice.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F/
4. Oil two 13 ½ – 8 ¾ in baking dishes with 1 tbsp of the olive oil each tray .
5. Arrange the eggplant slices in each baking dish in a single layer.
6. Insert 2 slivers of garlic into the slits of each eggplant slice.
7. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and Season the slices with salt and pepper.
8. Bake for 25 minutes.
9. Remove the baking dish from the oven and transfer the eggplant slices to a serving platter.
10. Sprinkle them with the parsley leaves and serve immediately.
Giuliano Bugialli’s Foods of ITALY