Baked Cheese and Artichoke Torte
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 ea 9oz Package Frozen Artichokes, Defrosted
1 ea 9in Pre-Made Pie Crust
2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Milk
4 oz Fontina, Diced
2 cups Ricotta
1/2 cup Grana Padano, Grated
Hot Red Pepper Flakes, To Taste
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, fontina, Grana, milk and eggs.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Mix well.
5. Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add the artichokes and sauté for 5 minutes.
7. Season with salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
8. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
9. Spread the cheese mixture into the pie crust.
10. Top with the artichoke mixture.
11. Bake for 12 minutes.
12. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue