Baked Angel Hair Pasta
Chef’s Tips: Come into Antonio’s Market and Café to pick up you freshly sliced Prosciutto and Antonio’s Pomodoro Sauce to make this recipe extra tasty!
• 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 6 tbsp Unsalted Butter, Diced, Room Temperature
• 1 lb Angel Hair (Capellini), Pasta
• 1 lb Prosciutto, Sliced 1/8 in thick, Chopped
• 3 ea Eggs, Beaten, Room Temperature
• 1 tbsp Salt
• 1 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 cup Breadcrumbs
• 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, Grated
• 3/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
• 2 cups Smoked Mozzarella, Shredded
• 1 jar Antonio’s Pomodoro Sauce, Warmed
Method of Preparation
1. Place the oven rack in the center of the oven.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9inch diameter nonstick spring form pan and set aside.
4. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt.
5. Add the pasta and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
6. Drain and place in a large bowl.
7. Add 4 tbsp butter, 1 cup Parmesan, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
8. Toss well to coat the pasta.
9. Sprinkle 1/4 cup breadcrumbs in the bottom of the prepared spring pan.
10. Spread 1/3 of the seasoned pasta on top.
11. Arrange half of the prosciutto in a single layer on top.
12. Sprinkle with half of the mozzarella.
13. Add 1/3 of the pasta and push down lightly to form an even layer.
14. Repeat the layers with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, the remaining pasta, prosciutto and mozzarella.
15. In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and Parmesan together.
16. Sprinkle over the layers and dot with the remaining 2 tbsp of butter.
17. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes.
18. Cool for 10 minutes.
19. Remove the sides of the pan and cut the pasta into wedges.