Baby Green Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
For the Vinaigrette-
1/8 tsp Kosher Salt
1 pinch Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 pint Raspberries
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
For the Salad-
1 lb Baby Spinach
1 ea Seedless Cucumber, Sliced Lengthwise, 1/6inch Thick
3 tbsp Red Beans
3 tbsp Garbanzo Beans
1 pint Radish Sprouts
2 tbsp Raisins
2 ea Radishes, Slices Paper Thin
1 ea Mango, Sliced Thin
Method of Preparation
1. For the vinaigrette- place the raspberries in a strainer and press to squeeze out all of the juices.
2. Keep pushing until all of the juice is extracted.
3. Place the raspberry juice, salt, black pepper and red wine in a blender on low speed.
4. Gradually add the oil a little but at a time.
5. Taste for salt content and sweetness.
6. For the salad- on a 10inch plate, mold the cucumber into a circle (the cucumber will stick together because of its water content).
7. In a mixing bowl, add the spinach and gradually add a desired amount of the raspberry vinaigrette, mix well.
8. Place some of the wet spinach into the cucumber ring mold.
9. Add the beans and raisins to the remaining spinach in the bowl and toss.
10. Arrange on the plate.
11. Garnish the top with radishes, radish sprouts and mango slices.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue