Avocado and Almond Wraps
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
6 ea Phyllo Dough Sheets, Covered with a lightly dampened dish towel.
4 ea Avocados, Peeled, Divided
1 ea Garlic Clove, Roughly Chopped
2 tbsp Butter, At room Temperature, Plus ½ a stick, Melted
1/2 cup Whole Almonds
1 tsp Basil, Chopped
1 tsp Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the almonds, garlic, room temperature butter and herbs.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Puree until smooth.
5. In a bowl, lightly mash 3 of the avocados with lemon juice.
6. Cut the remaining avocado into large pieces and fold it into the mashed avocado.
7. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
8. Brush a nonstick spring form pan with melted butter.
9. Brush one sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter and lay it in the pan.
10. Repeat with two more sheets of phyllo dough.
11. Spread the avocado mixture into the pan.
12. Top with the almond mixture.
13. Top with a sheet of phyllo dough brushed with melted butter.
14. Repeat with the remaining two sheets of phyllo dough.
15. Seal the edges and brush the top with more melted butter.
16. Place in the oven and back for 12 minutes, until golden.
17. Unmold and let cool slightly.
18. Slice and serve.
Italian Cooking and Living Magazine, January 2014 Issue