Artichokes with Capers and Olives
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
8 ea Artichokes, Trimmed and Cut into Wedges
1 tbsp Capers, Drained and Rinsed
1 cup Green Olives, Pitted and Chopped
2 ea Garlic Cloves
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 cup Warm Water
2 tbsp Flat-Leaf Parsley
2 ea Lemons, 1 Sliced and 1 Juiced
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
- Place the water in a large bowl and mix in the lemon juice.
- Add the artichoke wedges and let soak for 10 minutes.
- Drain and pat them dry.
- Set them aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, add the garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the artichoke wedges and cook over high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the capers and olives.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the 3/4 cup of warm water.
- Mix well, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and allow some of the liquid to simmer off.
- Place the artichoke wedges on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Garnish with lemon slices.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2016 Issue