Antonio’s Pasta Carbonara Video
Antonio's Pasta Carbonara
Delicious Pasta Carbonara. All ingredients are available in our Market & Cafe
- 1 pkg Dried Linguine
- 8 oz Pancetta, Diced Small
- 1 cup Pecorino Romano (Locatelli)
- 2 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Onion, Diced Small
- 2 ea Large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Parsley, Chopped
Salt and Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Cook the pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes.
3. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water and then drain the pasta.
4. In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
5. Add the pancetta and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Add the red onion and sauté for 2 more minutes.
7. Mix in the pasta and reserved pasta water. Stir well.
8. Once the liquid is boiling, add the pecorino cheese and both eggs.
9. Lower to medium heat and constantly stir the eggs with the pasta.
10. Once the sauce is thick (not scrambled), toss in the parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.