Antonio’s Balsamic BBQ Chicken
Here is a unique and refreshing approach for BBQ chicken that can be cooked in the over or on the grill. This quick and easy to prepare recipe is sure to delight and offer variety. The vinegar with the honey, brown sugar and soy sauce combine into a flavorful BBQ taste compared to the traditional BBQ sauce. Make sure you have extra sauce to baste the chicken with while you are cooking (and even more to serve with dinner as your family is sure to request it!)!
- 1 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Honey
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 5 sprigs Rosemary
- 7 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 8-10 Chicken drumstick and thighs
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds, for garnishing
- 1/2 cup Flat leaf parsley, for garnishing
Method of Preparation
1. Combine the balsamic, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and rosemary sprigs into a large mixing bowl. Whip until fully dissolved.
2. Place the marinade into a large re-sealable container, add the chicken, mix and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees or ready the grill.
4. Take the chicken out and place on a parchment lined sheet tray.
5. Bake chicken for 18 minutes or grill until juices run clear.
6. Take the marinade and place into a medium sauce pot. Bring to a boil to eliminate bacteria, reduce to a simmer and cook until thick.
7. Place some of the sauce into a mixing bowl. When the chicken is cooked, place the chicken into the mixing bowl and toss to coat evenly.
8. Plate up and sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds.