Almond Sesame Biscotti
30 Minutes plus cooling time
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 tbsp Vanilla
1 tbsp Almond Extract
3 tbsp Butter, Unsalted, Softened
2 ea Eggs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
3/4 cup White Sugar
1/2 cup Whole Almonds
1 cup Sesame Seeds
1 1/2 cups Filberts
Zest of 1 Orange
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat together the eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
3. Add sugar, spices, baking powder and butter.
4. Beat until mixed together well.
5. Add the nuts and orange zest.
6. Then slowly add the flour until dough is formed and firm.
7. If dough is too sticky, add additional flour.
8. Place the sesame seeds on a piece of wax paper, 24 inches longs.
9. Shape the dough into 12inch logs (about 3 to 4 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches tall) and roll in the sesame seeds.
10. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotating the cooking sheet for even color.
11. Remove and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes.
12. Slice on an angle, and then return to the oven for 5 minutes to finish making your biscotti
Tastes of Italia Magazine, December 2010 Issue