Almond Biscotti of Padova with Orange
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 egg Whites
1 1/4 cups Blanched Almonds
1/3 cup Almonds with Skins
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Candied Orange Peel Cubes, Cut into small pieces
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Whip the egg whites into stiff peaks.
3. Chop both types of almonds finely and mix with the sugar.
4. Fold into the egg whites.
5. Mix the candied orange in as well.
6. Using a teaspoon, scoop out spoonfuls of the cookie dough and place on a greased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. Remove and allow to cool.
Tastes of Italia, February 2016 Issue