White Meat Sauce
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
3 lbs Ground Pork Sausages, Skinned
2/3 lb Ground Chicken
2/3 lb Ground Veal
1 ea Carrot, Peeled
1 ea Celery Stalk
1 ea Onion, Peeled
7 oz Dried Porcini Mushrooms, Soaked in 2 cups of water
1 lb Pasta (Tagliatelle or another long, flat egg pasta)
1 ea Garlic Clove
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
6 oz White Wine
1 cup Chicken or Beef Broth
1 ea Beef Bouillon Cube
1 tbsp Butter, Softened
1 tsp Flour
Method of Preparation
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
2. Finely mince the carrot, celery, onion, garlic and skinned sausages.
3. Pour the olive oil into a heavy-bottomed sauce pot and sauté the ingredients from Step2 together for 7 to 8 minutes, until the sausage is cooked.
4. Turn the heat to high, add the ground chicken and veal.
5. Add the wine and cook until it evaporates.
6. Strain the porcini mushrooms from the soaking liquid (reserve the liquid) and finely mince them.
7. Add them to the pot.
8. Dissolve the bouillon cube into the porcini mushroom soaking liquid.
9. Add to the pot and cook for 30 minutes.
10. Add the beef/chicken broth if necessary.
11. In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour to make a paste.
12. Stir into the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
13. Serve over pasta.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue