Serves 2.5 Quarts
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 ea Yellow Onion, Chopped
1 ea Carrot, Chopped
2 ea Celery Stocks, Chopped
Any other vegetables you may have available except broccoli and cabbage
4 quarts Water
1 bouquet Garni (Thyme, Sage and Bay Leaf tied with a String)
Method of Preparation
1. Heat the olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, celery, carrot and the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cold water and bouquet garni.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
5. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve.
6. Discard the solids.
7. Cool completely, uncovered, then refrigerate.
Tales of Risotto, Culinary Adventures from Villa d’Este by Jean Govoni Salvadore and Luciano Parolari