Tuna with Garlic, Tomatoes and Herbs
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
2 ea Slices of Tuna, 1inch Thick, 6oz each
3 ea Plum Tomatoes, Peeled, Seeded and Chopped
1/2 cup Dry White Wine
3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 ea Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
1 tsp Dried Herbes de Provence
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Basil Leaves, To Garnish
Method of Preparation
1. Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a heavy frying pan over high heat until very hot.
3. Add the oil and swirl to coat the pan.
4. Add the tuna steaks and gently press down.
5. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
6. Transfer the steaks to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
7. Add the garlic to the pan and fry for 15 to 20 seconds, stirring constantly.
8. Pour in the wine, tomatoes and dried herbs.
9. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
10. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the tuna.
11. Serve garnished with the basil leaves.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue