Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Mascarpone
24 ea Lady Fingers
6 tbsp Sugar
5 ea Fresh Eggs, Separated
2 cups Strong Coffee, Sweetened with 2 tsp Sugar
Dark Cocoa Powder
Method of Preparation
1. Whisk the egg yolks with sugar until they are lemon colored.
2. Add the mascarpone and mix well.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
4. Then fold the egg whites into the yolk mixture.
5. Quickly dunk the ladyfingers in the coffee and place 3 in each dessert bowl to line the bottom.
6. Cover the ladyfingers with the mascarpone mixture, about 1 inch thick.
7. Sprinkle each bowl with dark cocoa powder.
8. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
9. Serve chilled.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue