Saltimbocca alla Romana
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1 lb Veal, Sliced thin, 6 to 8 slices
3 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup White Wine
1/4 lb Prosciutto Slices
6 to 8 Sage Leaves
Salt and Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Sprinkle the veal slices with salt and pepper.
2. Layer each veal slice with one slice of prosciutto and one sage leaf.
3. Pinch the veal in the center and secure with a toothpick.
4. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
5. Place the veal in the pan and cook 1 min each side.
6. Add the white wine and cook until it evaporates.
7. The veal is done when it becomes golden.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, August 2011 Issue