Rosa Di Parma
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
1/2 cup, Plus 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 oz Prosciutto, Sliced
2 ea Garlic Cloves, Minced
2 lbs Beed Tenderloin Fillet, Pounded Flat
2 cups Steamed Baby Spinach
2 sprigs Rosemary, Chopped
4 cups Red Wine
Coarse Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Stir together 1/2 cup of olive oil and garlic.
2. Brush the mixture on both sides of the flattened beef fillet.
3. Sprinkle both sides of the fillet with salt and pepper.
4. On one side of the fillet, arrange the prosciutto slices evenly.
5. Then evenly sprinkle the grated cheese, then an even layer of the spinach.
6. Roll the meat lengthwise into a long, slender roll.
7. Using a kitchen twine, tie up the roll to secure.
8. Rub salt and chopped rosemary onto the meat roll.
9. In a Dutch oven, pour 2 tbsp of olive oil and turn the heat to medium.
10. When the oil is heated, add the beef and brown it on all sides.
11. Add the wine to the pan.
12. Continue to cook, turning the beef and basting with pan juices for 30 minutes (for rare) or longer until desired doneness.
13. Turn off the heat and let the beef stand for 10 minutes.
14. Remove the kitchen twine, slice and serve immediately.
Tastes of Italia Magazine, April 2010 Issue