Roasted Chicken with Potatoes and Olives
Most ingredients are available in Antonio’s Market!
4 ea Chicken Legs (Thighs and Drumsticks, 3lbs)
1 1/2 lbs Fingerling Potatoes, Halved
1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, Pitted
1/2 cup Flat-Leaf Parsley
4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Divided
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Plus more for serving
1 ea Bay Leaf, Crushed
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Lemon Zest, Finely Grated
Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, To Taste
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Pulse the bay leaf, fennel seeds and 1/2tsp of red pepper flakes in a spice mill until finely ground (you can also use a mortar and pestle to grind the spices by hand).
3. Toss the potatoes, olives, 2tbsp oil and half of the spice mixture in a large bowl.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet.
6. Rub the chicken with the remaining 2tbsp oil.
7. Season with salt and pepper and rub the remaining spice mixture on the chicken.
8. Arrange the potato mixture around the chicken.
9. Roast for 35-45 minutes.
10. The potatoes should be fork tender and the chicken cooked through.
11. Serve the chicken and potato mixture topped with parsley, lemon zest and more red pepper flakes (if desired).
12. Spoon the pan juices over top as well.
Bon Appetit Magazine, October 2014 Issue www.bonappetit.com