Risotto With Sundried Tomato Pesto
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup Scotti Arborio rice
- 1/3 cup finely grated Antonio’s Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto or Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Method of Preparation
1. Pour the chicken stock into a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low, so stock is simmering.
2. In another large saucepan or sauté pan melt 2 Tablespoons of butter and Roasted Garlic Oil over medium heat.
3. Add the yellow onion and sauté for about 5 minutes.
4. Add the rice (Scotti Arborio) and stir to coat for about 1 minute.
5. Add the wine, stir and allow to evaporate.
6. Add 1 1/2 cups of the stock and stir constantly until it has almost absorbed into the rice.
7. Add remaining stock 1/2 cup at a time, allowing it to absorb. Continue to stir. This will take about 30 minutes.
8. When all the stock has been used, add remaining butter, Antonio’s Parmesan cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato or Basil Pesto.
9. Stir gently and add the parsley.