Risotto with Cheese Cream
2-3 Hours Inactive Time
Most ingredients are available in the market!
5 oz Fontina, Diced
1/2 cup Milk
2 ea Egg Yolks
1 oz Butter, Unsalted
Pinch of White Pepper
1 1/2 oz Butter, Unsalted
1 ea Onion, Diced
1 glass Dry Italian White Wine
3 cups Beef Broth
1 1/4 cups Carnaroli Rice
Method of Preparation
1. Cover Fontina with milk and soak for several hours in the refrigerator.
2. Over low heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the onion and sauté until transparent.
4. Add the rice and stir until it absorbs the butter.
5. Pour in the white wine and when absorbed, pour in a small amount of hot beef broth.
6. Continue to pour in small amounts of beef broth, waiting until absorbed to add more.
7. While the rice is cooking, prepare the cheese cream.
8. Place the softened cheese and milk in a double boiler and cook.
9. Stir in the egg yolk and melted butter.
10. Continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
11. Add the pepper.
12. Divide the risotto into individual serving bowls.
13. Top with the cheese cream mixture.
14. Serve immediately.
The Cheeses of Italy, Ars Vivendi